Tuesday 1 September 2020

Strumble Diary 01/09/2020

 

                                A short video of a beautiful little grey from this mornings session


A great start to the morning with calm seas and a bright blue sky. As I arrived the gannets were circling out over the sea which is always a good sign. Sure enogh there were porpoise under them but distant. I settled in and within ten minutes sighted four Rissos not too far out passing west to east, first of the season for me so well happy. As they moved to beyond the point something caught my eye just below the lookout and first thought was more Rissos but it was three common dolphin moving very stealthily east to west. Could it get better I asked myself. Well actually, yes, as a few minutes later the Rissos came back in the opposite direction having found two more in the process. So that was five and I was even happier. As they moved off I was scanning further out and spotted another group of Rissos at about a mile and a half with at least another six animals and around to the west at a similar distance another three. All this excitement and the porpoise had barely started. Holly, Mair and Evan arrived and we all settled into our usual routine of counting and photographing the porpoise. Sadly no more views of the larger beasts but a good count of forty+ porpoise at sessions end.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.