Wednesday 28 September 2022

Breakwater Bottles. 28/09/2022

 A glance over the bay from Saddle Point on Fishguard side of the bay and I spotted several Bottlenose off the outer breakwater. A dash home for the camera and out thre as fast as I could. To my surprise when I arrived there were between ten and fifteen with a good few juveniles foraging in the harbour mouth and inside the bay. The light was terrible though and I've had to work the images quite hard to pull the detail out. However, it was lovely to see so many there, as of late they have only been showing in two's and three's. How long we'll see them for is anybody's guess as it's nearing the time when they move out into deeper waters for the winter. As seems to be my luck these days, ten minutes after they departed the sun came out and bathed the bay in a lovely autumn light.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.