Saturday 13 July 2019

Bottles in the Bay

The plan was an early start at Strumble today so out at 7.30 ish but the sky was a bit dreary to say the least. I decided to have a quick look over the bay from Harbour Village and as I did so I spotted a few Gannets circling just inside the harbour entrance followed a few seconds later by a couple of dolphins underneath them. Off to the breakwater then to see what I could get.
  As I arrived the north wind was increasing if anything and behind the breakwater it was like a November day only slightly warmer. Thankfully in the calmer inner side the dolphins were feeding well with several surges observed as they chased down their breakfast. Over the next three hours they presented some excellent photo ops and I think under the conditions I made the most of it. There was a brief break as they played with a couple of yachts that were moving around but they soon resumed the hunt when the boats had passed. Shot of the day came right at the end shortly before they moved off when thankfully I had the lens pointed at the right spot when one did a perfect breach.

I never did get to Strumble. But there's always tomorrow :o)