Friday 26 June 2020

Strumble Diary,: Common Dolphins complete the Big Five set for June!

In among all the Sunfish A few Sea Trust Volunteers (Hannah, Callum and Stacey) turned up at Strumble and joined in with Holly on a watch  I had arrived earlier and found Hannah there. There were quite a few Gannets feeding and also probably 15-20 porpoises spread over a large area but too distant for my camera.



Just before I left I spotted what looked like a pod of Common Dolphins in the far distance... I later got an email from Holly..Its so nice when things work out!

The dolphins came in a bit closer, so I at least got some record shots in case you want them.

Cheers
Holly

Also had a text from Richard Campbell  reporting four more from Strumble! So all the Pembrokeshire Big Five seen from the shore within 5 miles of each other this month! (Minke Whale, Risso;s Bottlenose, and Common Dolphins, Harbour Porpoise) not to mention all the Sunfish... Its good to be Back!