Wednesday 31 March 2021

Strumble Diary 31/03/2021 (Denty's Back)

 There was a sea mist hanging over Fishguard Bay this morning which didn't bode well for a session at Strumble. We chanced it anyway and when we arrived it was sunny with viz of about 400mtrs. Sadly it started to close in and it looked as if the session was going to have to be abandoned. Brother Mike was with me and as the mist closed in to about 200mtrs he spotted three porpoise moving west. I was straight on the camera as it was likely they were all I was going to get. As I got the lens on them it was evident from the fin structure that I was looking at Denty our most re-sighted porpoise of all time. Indeed this was her 32nd sighting and the first of this year. It was lovely to see her again in company with two others and I hope we see more of her this year. This is what makes it all worthwhile.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.