Wednesday 10 August 2022

Strumble diary 10/08/2022 Tales from the point.

 Hi folks. I'm back from my hols and delighted to be back out at my happy place doing what I really enjoy. A very good session for my first in a few weeks with a good number of porpoise coming to the point as the ebb tide gained in speed and strength. Early in the session some 50+ Commons although distant in the tide race came in and started feeding about a 1/4 mile out from the lighthouse and about just over that distance from where I was located. The main group moved off after an hour or so but several were there for nearly two hours but dropped back to the west as the tide moved through. Lots of rafts of feeding seabirds through the session would signify a good deal of bait fish about so hopefully the cetacean numbers will hold up through the next few weeks at least.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.