Sunday 21 July 2024

Strumble Diary 21/07/2024

 A lovely sunny morning as I arrived at Strumble this morning. Andy (Wise) was sat in front of the lookout scope in hand surveying the seas in  front of him. I joined in and we sat and waited as the tide race started to form. We spotted a few Porpoise well out but mostly fin tips as they foraged around. Things continued in this vein for most of my session and later, after Andy had left, a group of five porps came in but never quite reached directly in front of the lookout. It was a strong tide and this most probably kept them a bit to the west and as always, eventually they dropped back beyond the lighthouse into the weaker tidal flow. A bit of a ruckus with the gulls attracted my attention and as I turned to my left I could see several gulls mobbing a Heron that was passing by, at one point nearly forcing it down into the water. It quickly made for offshore to avoid the gulls then carried on in toward Fishguard Harbour.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.