An overcast day today in contrast to the sunny days of late. With the moderate N'ly wind at Strumble it felt more like March than July. I arrived at 10.15 and started my survey at 10.20. The tide race was just starting to form on the rising tide off the lighthouse, streaming up to the NE. It was very quiet cetacean wise with not a single fin sighted in the first 30 minutes or so. I was joined by diver, drone pilot and Celtic Deep dive guide, Dan Abbot "AKA" Shark Man Dan. Sadly the porpoise never materialised, not even for the Tuesday survey team that had now arrived. I ended my survey effort at 12.05 as I had some work to do at home but thought I might try the breakwater with Dan later if any Bottlenose turned up. I met Dan at Harbour Village and scanning over the bay soon spotted two Bottlenose well inside the breakwater.
We went to the breakwater and I set up my camera while Dan set up the drone. Only the two Bottlenose today but I had hoped that the others would come in and give Dan a better show. The other attraction was a delightful small/young male Grey Seal, who was quite taken by these two humans on the breakwater above and it stayed watching us for several minutes before moving on. Three resting Turnstones completed the photos from today looking lovely in their summer plumage.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.