Monday, 17 August 2026

Breakwater Bottles Give Stunning Show. 16/08/2026

 With time to spare in the afternoon I decided to take a gamble on the Bottlenose being at the northern breakwater. All quiet when I arrived so I set up my tripod and chair and started scanning the sea for any sight of them. lloyd's family arrived by sea with Lloyd and Aled in a kayak and Dawn and Andrew in a rowing boat. (Lloyd is sea Trust staff and Dawn a volunteer) Just after they arrived I spotted two or three Bottlenose out to the North heading toward Pen Anglas. It wasn't long before they started heading our way and initially I counted seven scattered around at varying distances. They were quiet at first and then three broke away and started some socialising/play. Over the past few weeks I've noted that the dolphin with the facial growth was most often the one to instigate this activity, so today was no exception. He/she was right in the thick of it and the others seemed more than happy to join in.

I was in my element with dashes and splashes leaps and rolls happening almost continually. The Nelms family down at sea level  were having some great views as the dolphins moved all around them. After I'd got a good number of shots covering as many of them as I could I turned my attention more on the one with the deformity, as I'd set myself a challenge a few weeks back of trying to get more detailed shots of it. I'll collate all the images and post a more detailed blog entry concentrating on that animal later. 



















 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.