Thursday, 13 August 2026

Strumble Diary 12-13th August 2026

Things have been quiet so I've put two days into one blog entry. 

Both were very similar really with almost identical weather except for mist spoiling things today the 13th. A few more Porpoise today (5 until mist came in) than the single one I had yesterday. Nadia and the Wednesday survey team had a lovely view of a Sunfish after I left and I too had a good view of one today. The one Porpoise I had yesterday was a marked animal we've seen before, so that was a bonus. The Sunfish from today was floating on the surface trying to attract gulls to pick off parasites, without much success I might add, but then did a "Spy Hop" which I've not seen them do before. It poked it's head out of the water and was looking around. Good to see but looked strange. 

Images: My single Porpoise and Nadia's Sunfish from yesterday, then today's Porpoise and Sunfish. 





 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.