In answer to Cliff's hopes in the previous post ( "I hope Ken gets some images"). Yes, I Did.
On arrival at the lookout where several birders were in situ, I was soon pointed out several Rissos off to the NW. Not as close as the other day and a different pod, confirmed as the more distant group as sighted by visiting birder on my watch of the 28th. They were a bit hard to spot in the difficult light and the increasing swells of the dropping tide. They were also moving further away with the tide as time went by. By this time Harry had joined me and had sighted a Sunfish some 80mtrs out. This was the start of a Sunfish fest as eventually we totalled five within an hour. As the wind swung around more Southerly things calmed a bit and it was a while before any Porpoise were sighted. Harry had gone by now as had all the birders who were off to Newport as a rare "Bairds Sandpiper" had been seen there. A few Porps were active off the point with several more seen moving up the tide race. The action soon died away so I called it a day at just after 13.00 and made my way home.
![]() |
| Seagulls pecking at parasites on the Sunfish. |




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.