Friday 3 April 2009

Click Count 2/4/09.

An early evening click count at Strumble taking advantage of the lighter nights. Tide was low just before slack water and porpoises had moved through west past the lighthouse into the glary waters of the decreasing ebb tide race.
Not good conditions I thought with the sun getting lower, turning the sea to shining molten lead. As I did a pre-count scan I noticed the sun flash off the back of a surfacing porpoise like a signal mirror and then a couple more, the conditions were actually working in my favour.
Ha Ha! my first five minute scan revealed 32 sightings, the second, 15 and the third 20 = 67 divided by 3 for an average of 22.4 per hour, not bad for bottom of the tide count!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.