Sunday 21 June 2009

Dolphins Martins Haven

Sighting by Dave Astins on the Pembrokeshire Birds blog worth repeating here - Whilst having a very relaxing BBQ at Martin's Haven this evening (21st) I was surprised to see a large pod of what I am 99% sure were Common Dolphins heading west in a long line out of the Bay towards Skomer. There must have been 50 or more, with many completely clearing the water and crashing down with huge splashes, move very fast from east to west. I had a chat with 2 foreign tourists who are staying at the campsite just along the coast path who said they had seen them 3 times today in the bay - they were surprised when I told them I had never seen a Common Dolphin in there! Worth a look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.