Wednesday 9 December 2009

here and then gone

I arrived at Strumble a little after dawn this morning looking for porp's and saw some nice birds ( see birdblog) but as the lowtide was not particularly helpful when combined with a big swell crashing twenty feet above the tide line, I realised I was not on a winner. A visit to the outer breakwater at Fishguard Harbour was strangely more productive apart from the fact that the pod of about half a dozen porpoises seen on arrival about 150 metres from where I was standing , including a mother and small calf (probably recorded earlier in the month) just vamoosed within a few seconds of my arrival and totally dissapeared , shows their almost super natural ability to dissapear at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.