Monday 10 May 2010

Early/late?

Update: 11th May

Hi Cliff,
here is a nice pic of the Ramsey Sound pup and cow, I 'm calling the first of the year.
No porps in the sound today and no sign of this pair, i think mum as moved them to safer haven, away from the prowling bull that was around.
maybe?
cheers
Malcolm

Hi Cliff,
At the South end of Ramsey Sound today. There were a couple of poroise,then a few, then several, (7/8) then they were gone!
More interesting was the seal pup by the old copper mine at Penmaenmelyn.
I saw the cow feeding a two to three week old pup, I had previously seen this cow hauled out at the same spot a couple of times recently, (she has a deep cut/scar on her back) but I did not know there was a pup.
I got some pictures but not managed to download them yet, nice bit a film too which might be useable at the ocean lab display.
Will get them to you soonish,

cheers
Malcolm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.