Friday 7 October 2011

Risso's around and about...

Risso's passed by Strumble around eight o clock I think, 6+ seen by Adrian Rogers and the the same group or maybe more, seen by Pete Murray, I will try and get more accurate timings Greg, but I suspect yours were seperate.
I arrived a bit later and it was obvious given the big seas that getting an accurate count would be difficult.although the Strumblers assure me they got some cracking views as the Risso's seemed to be on a mission.
The interesting thing is that over the years we have seen Risso's pass east into Cardigan Bay and return west out of Cardigan bay but there are virtually no sightings of Risso's much further north than Fishguard untill you get sightings from the Lleyn and off Anglesey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.