Wednesday 29 January 2014


At last we actually have a team (Shinaz,Chris,Dave and Elfyn) aboard the Stena Europe, having spotted a 
small gap in the appalling winter weather If you look really HARD I think you can see them waving to me as they passed by Strumble! I did spot a couple of Porpoises as I waited so I am hoping they get plenty of stuff tomorrow on the way back, always supposing the weather window stays open! Its funny, I hear another group say they want to do ferry surveys and surveys from Strumble but we  and hundreds of our volunteers have been doing both for over ten years now.  I suppose they say imitation is the sincerest form of compliment!  And we are opening more Ferry Surveys on the Holyhead to Dublin Route later in the spring so more opportunities to volunteer with Sea Trust both on the Southern  and Northern Irish sea Routes as well as at our Ocean Lab base.