Saturday 23 April 2016

Helicopters Coastguards and Porps. Another Strumble Day

I was later than I would have liked arriving at strumble and it was already less than two hours to low tide. At first it seemed I was too late but I caught a glimps of a porp off the lighthouse so I made my way to my fave spot on the headland. Sightings were slow but they were there. My peace was shattered by a Coastguard Helicopter approaching to land in the field behind the upper car park. I later found out an elderly gent had slipped on the path close to the lookout and damaged his hip/thigh and required an airlift to hospital. As I was making my way back to the car anyway I took a few shots that may prove newsworthy but  it's good to know that we have this sort of cover still after the MOD transfered SAR operations into the private sector late last year. Let's hope that we as coast watchers never need their services but it's comforting to know they're there.





Attended by paramedics.
Transfer to helicopter
Medivac underway.