Wednesday 18 May 2016

Strumble Diary 18/5/16 Part 1 of 3 (What A Session)

There are days when everything comes together in your favour. Today the tides were right, the weather was good with excellent light and most importantly the Porps were playing my game. The ebb tide was flowing off Mackerel Point at an odd angle in a WNW direction almost at 45% to the line between the lookout and the lighthouse. There was a mass of activity way out about a mile or so down tide with a big mix of gannets and gulls diving and dodging the porps. I took a few shots but then noticed some in front of the lookout. As the tide ebbed there was a steady procession of porps moving through against the tide along with accompanying gannets and gulls giving me one of the best days shooting ever. So much so that I've split todays blog entry into three sections to accomodate the best images. I've arranged them so that they sit below this one so please scroll down to see them all.

Ken B.