Saturday 28 May 2016

Strumble diary 28/5/16... starters!

I arrived to find Kens car but no Ken at the lookout, however there were porpoises! The sea was flat calm and although most of them were distant possibly due to a speedboat playing about in the area, there were porpoises in all directions and visible at over two miles away maybe three! Thankfully some were closer...




A couple were nearby with their dogs enjoying the sun and were wondering what I was looking at so I gave them my binoculars so they could see them, soon after we saw Ken waving from a point above Mackerel Rock. I did a couple of slow counts over the area and the maximum count was forty seven. On the basis that not all of them would be up at ther same time its reasonably safe to say that as a conservative estimate there must be around sixty animals present and possibly sixty or more!

I am pretty sure that he will have some much better images than me so over to you Kenneth!...