Tuesday 7 July 2020

Strrumble Diary 07/07/2020

With Leo the porp hound safely dropped off at the groomers I only had a couple of hours for today's session. It was after high tide and I didn't really expect too much in the way of action. With limited time I settled for staying at the car park and with the car strategically positioned to give me shelter from the wind I settled into my seat and looked out over the dying swirls of the flood tide. First off were a couple of single sightings of porpoises travelling through. A while passed and I thought that would be it when I spotted a group of around six porpoise moving SW and approaching the island.   
  They stopped for a few minutes obviously feeding as they went affording me the chance of a few images before they rounded the island and headed off toward St Davids. I had reached the end of my limited time so had to head back to pick up my boy. Bonus of the session was a marked porpoise for the Fin ID Project.