Tuesday 25 August 2020

Strumble Diary 24/8/20


 


Wind w 1-2 showers early tailing off after lunch sunny spells.

I started with a visit arriving 09.30, and picked up a Hoodie Crow between Tresinwen and Strumble. Sat apart from a couple of hundred Rocks and Jackdaws that flew into the fields as I approached leaving the hoodie which was quite approachable to a distance of about 30 yards.Interestingly while in Ireland a few years ago I noticed the local birds had differing dark patterns on their breasts ..

It was pretty quiet on arrival and then the rain came in and I gave up after about 30 minutes. .

A second visit about 1300 and a few pretty close porpoises allowed me to show them to some visitors, They were quite visible in the mirror calm over-falls. Another Yorkie was also watching them and I was able to put him onto a passing Bonxie, otherwise little out of the ordinary.

The day before (23rd)he birders had been out in force encouraged by strong westerlies and along with lots of sea birds, had recorded  a pod of c'6 common dolphins and a single sunfish. My small contribution was 3 more sunfish. and among some small waders a total of 3 Grey Phalarope. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.