Saturday 28 January 2023

Strumble Diary 28/01/2023

 A welcome return after nearly two months out except for the Porpoise picnic on the second of the month. So, with light winds and broken cloud expectations were high, for the weather anyway. I never expect too much from the weather at this time of year but except for the low light things were OK. The tide was making well as I arrived and the tide race was starting to form. First sighting were a pair of Porps off toward the point and heading toward the tide race. Several more sightings followed over the next two hours or so with around 8-10 animals feeding accross a good stretch in front of me. Things got a bit lively at times with three really good breaches all of which I managed to capture. 

Sometimes we see individuals that seem to rejoice in breaching, possibly juveniles honing their breeding skills as these breaches seem to be less dramatic and brutal than a full on breeding attempt. I think in future I'll refer to them as "Dolpoise" as they seem to be more surface active than most other porpoise at this time. 😊😊
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.