Please excuse this little aside from the usual posts but it was fascinating to watch and I thought may interest some of you.
I was on the seafront at Goodwick yesterday looking for waders to photograph when I noticed a crow skulking around the boulders on the shoreline. There has been a great number of bait fish in the bay the past few days and it looks like some of them got caught by the dropping tide. This clever corvid had cottoned on to this and decided to have itself a fishy feast. What was amusing was the way it was going about it. It was picking up three or four at a time, (Puffin like), then bringing them to a particular rock and covering them with seaweed so other passing gulls, etc, could not see them. It did this several times until it had built up enough for a decent meal and only then decided to eat them. Very clever tactics and just shows how intelligent these critters are. Nature is wonderful isn't it.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.