Monday 20 September 2021

Strumble Diary 20/09/2021

 Another good weather day and it was back to the action at the point for me while the Monday survey team did their survey at the lookout. Whilst they saw Porpoise, Rissos and commons I had several porpoise darting in front of me. The wind had eased since yesterday and the sun was still beating down so weatherwise it was a lovely session. There's nothing like having the sun on your back while looking over a wonderfully blue sea with your favourite cetaceans feeding in front of you, in my opinion of course. The session was full of action with the porpoise seemingly doing relays of the tide race in front of me. Time and again they would charge up the tide race chasing fish before turning, dropping back and doing it all again. Thankfully the water was very clear making it easier to track them as they moved at speed past my position. Bonus of two marked animals for the ID project will keep Holly (Project Officer) happy I'm sure.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.