Sunday 4 October 2009

From Alison Ross...

Hi Cliff. I hope you are well. Just some reports from Ramsey Sound. 7 hours of watching over 2 days, Mon.21st.Sept &Tues.22nd.Sept. with no porpoise sightings at all. On Mon.28th.Sept. I watched about a dozen porps moving up the Sound in 2 separate groups on the turn of the ebb tide. Work prevented me from going up there again until today Sat.3rd.Oct. The weather was'nt that favourable but I decided to go anyway. A large group of gannets circling above the tidal race looked promising & indeed, the porpoise were there in the ebb tide standing waves. I had almost continuous sightings for 2 hours. I'm really not sure of how many were there but I had many multiple sightings, the most being of 6 together. I'd just like to say a belated thank you to everyone who made the trip on the Celtic Wildcat on Sept.19th. possible. It really was an incredible experience. All the best.....Alison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.