Wednesday 2 June 2010

Catching up with comments

Hello again,

Just read the comments from "Walrus" regarding my Strumble observations of porpoise activity. About the only thing that I can add to the sighting of the porp. with the damaged fin is that it seemed to be cut-off/bent over in half, in line with the body. I can't say much more than that based on the few, quick glimpses that I got of it. It was also noticed by the observer from Orca - didn't get her name though.
As for the porpoises being "flipped", my impressions were of the back end of a smaller animal (seen on three occasions) completely out of the water with another animal very close behind. I believe that this was porpoise on porpoise activity and was perhaps related to the high numbers of animals in the vicinity.

Cheers
Libman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.