Wednesday 23 December 2015

A Pleasant Meeting

A very pleasant if not chilly afternoon at Strumble today. Shortly after arriving I was pleased to meet Anita and Stijn who have been helping out at Sea trust over the past few weeks. With three pairs of eyes on the water it wasn't long before we spotted some porpoise off to the west and an individual tail slapping close to Mackerel Point. A few small groups and individuals passed by quickly west to east with the rising tide but conditions made them hard to track so only a few images captured. The sightings were very fleeting with sometimes only the slightest breaking of the surface. Late in the session Anita spotted a Rissos and both Stijn and myself failed to see it. A few minutes later Stijn spotted it but Anita and I didn't, which left me thinking "Should've gone to Specsavers"  Such is the way of sea watching I suppose.