Thursday 13 October 2016

Small Tides = Small Returns

Two visits to Strumble with that cold easterly wind coupled with small tides and all I got to show for it is a few record images. The porps were sparse and those that were there were not showing very well and most times I was just seeing fin tips breaking through the choppy water. Strumble does have it's bizzare moments though and the guy passing on a paddle board did make me do a second take. I was well chilled with my coat and hat securely fastened while he was on the water bare footed with not much in the way of insulation. Maybe the music he was listening to was taking his mind off the cold. I hope his gadget was waterproof. Another surprise and a little off topic was a Woodpecker that landed on the handrail beside the lookout. One bird I've never seen at Strumble before.