Wednesday 8 March 2017

Strumble Diary 08/03/2017

A very productive session today. I arrived at approx 14.30 and straight away from the car park I could see porps out in the tide race. With small tides I wasn't expecting a big count but as it turned out they were there in numbers throughout the two hour session. I would estimate around forty in all with some moving through and others hunting or just milling around. The weather was fair with a light westerly wind and excellent visibility. Cliff arrived about an hour in and we spotted for each other taking turns to photograph them as they surfaced. The session ended about 16.30 and we made our way home. On the plus side I found I'd captured another animal with scratch/bite marks on it's flanks and one with a distinct hooked dorsal fin. All good for the records.