Saturday 22 April 2017

Strumble Diary 22/04/2017

What a day!!!   The north wind was cold and fresh but that didn't stop the porps. When I arrived an old colleague of mine and his wife were sat by the lookout and had started spotting the odd porp. We watched and chatted awhile as the sightings increased then they needed to go and warm up so I was left on my own. An hour or so in and the action started with first one group, then another all foraging well. The action was fast and furious with porps seemingly wherever I looked and by this time all feelings of cold had gone and it was eyes to the viewfinder and rattle off the shots. Porps were arriving from all directions with quite a few gannets in attendance too. Another surprise for me was the appearance of an old photography friend from South Wales who was visiting the area so together we caught up and marvelled at the number of porps before us. It was nice to hook up again Lesley and I hope you had a safe journey home. So from porps underwater, over water and everthing else in between it was an exceptional session with another count well in the forties I'd say. To top it off I discovered another marked/damaged porp for the ID project so happy days.