Tuesday 17 October 2017

Strumble Diary 17/10/2017

A frustrating session today with a good swell running against the ebb tide and reasonable light. However the porpoise were not showing well at all. Although I saw perhaps 15-20 I failed to get a single shot. The water was well coloured after yesterdays storm so I couldn't track them in the water and when they did come up it was one breath and gone again. The bird life on the other hand was very active with several Skua types and various other birds being avidly followed by the several bird watchers in the lookout. This meant I was pointing my lens skyward as much as at the water mostly catching the variety of Skuas as they passed by. If you would like to see the results here's a link to the Strumble birding blog I've posted them too.

http://strumbleheadseawatching.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/