Monday 16 October 2017

What Storm?

Call me mad if you like but while storm Ophelia creates havok on land life in the sea carries on regardless. So to a rather stormy Strumble Head then with the wind strengthening from the south and whipping up sea devils as it took the tops off the swells. Despite this our little porps were there as always coping with whatever nature throws at them. It was coming to the bottom of the ebb tide and I settled in for  the session. Also present was Elfyn, a good frind of Cliff's and a keen watcher. We scanned the scene together him mostly for birds and I for cetaceans. As the session went on I was building a steady group of images and was delighted to capture another marked Porpoise. Elfyn spotted a small turtle about 80Mtrs off  but it only came up for two breaths and had gone under by the time I managed to get the camera pointing in it's direction. Elfyn then left and I had an hour or so alone but with no further sightings and the sea now turned white with spray and foam I decided to pack up myself.