Friday 27 October 2017

Strumble Diary 27/10/2017

A better day today both for the weather and the porps. On the rising tide as the race formed the porps started to move in. Joined early on by Steve Rosser we watched them coming in to feed and Steve spotted for me while I did my best to get a few on camera. There was quite a bit of activity all over the tide race with some showing really well and others not so. As the tide dropped away the porps did also and only a couple stayed around until after high water.  One amusing scene was a repeat of something I'd see last week but not been able to capture on camera. Our new batch of young seals don't seem to get the fact that Seagulls are opportunistic feeders and that they have a taste for octopus. Quite amusing then to see a young seal bring an octopus to the surface only to see a gull swoop and pinch it away. I wonder was it the same seal that this had happened to last week. Slow learner if that was the case.