Saturday 16 December 2017

Strumble Diary 16/12/2017

With a slightly better forecast than yesterday and a morning ebb tide I was hopefull of a reasonable session so I set off early. The sky over Fishguard was clear and bright but as I headed out it was not so at Strumble. The Pembrokeshire Dangler as it's been called was streaming cloud down the Irish Sea bringing gloom and showers with it. The tide was running well when I arrived and I was soon spotting porps out in the tide race. Capturing them however was another matter as in the turbulence they were just coming up for one breath and then down again. After spotting several like this it was well into the session that I capured one moving back with the tide and heading west and it was a fleeting sight at that.
    Whilst this weather can drive me nuts with the cold temperature and poor light it does have it's more appealing moments and as Cliff mentioned in yesterday's post the light was more like that seen in an eclipse, but in that rare moment where the sun gets through magical things can happen and I did at least get to see the end of the rainbow. Now where do I claim that pot of gold :o))