Friday 15 December 2017

The weather outside was frightful. Strumble Diary: 15 12 17.

I met Ken coming back from Strumble on my way there. I did not expect to see him as the weather was appalling, gale force winds, heavy rain showers and light values more normally associated with a solar eclipse. My excuse was I was going to walk my dog Zorro, not that I really believed he would get out of the car.
He, (Ken not Zorro) had been redecorating a house all week and was obviously stir crazy.. "Two porpoises,  a peregrine and a couple of divers, no pic's... it was like looking into a washing machine"was his answer to my enquiry.
When I got there the rain was spattering my windscreen quicker than the wipers could clear it. Zorro (my dog) looked at me and said I aint going nowhere pal! And yet a patch of almost blue sky promised some respite so I told him to shut up and be patient.
Slowly the almost blue sky approached, the downpour ceased and I began to scan the maelstrom of standing waves and white water in front of me. And then a porpoise showed. And another, each appearing and disappearing in the froth.
Haha thought I, lets get a pic! I dragged Zorro out of the car, grabbed bins and camera and slipped and slithered down to the lookout.The following are my attempts to snap a porp!




As Zorro said, "close but no coconut, lets go home!"