Wednesday 13 December 2017

Wild west winter triumph!

Regular readers will have noticed that there has been a bit of a gap in our blog. The weather has just been too extreme in recent days.

I arrived at the Ocean Lab at 11 am. It was windy, bitter cold with heavy showers. Holly was leading her volunteers Ben, Sean and Jens out to Strumble..Brrr, good luck thought I!

So I doubt anyone else in the UK were going out to watch cetaceans, far less photograph them but yep, our Team Sea Trust were! Call it madness, call it dedication but yes in the midst of a wild,cold December week, they went out on a mission.

And so when they returned and I met them I was ready to commiserate but they were smiling the smile of those who have conquered  adversity and come out on top. Anything I asked? Porpoises and Risso's was the reply! they even got some photo's Holly sent me this one of a Risso's but she was annoyed they had not managed to get any porpoises! Given the circumstances I think getting anything was a miracle!