Wednesday 4 September 2019

Strumble Diary 04/09/2019

The day started with an early morning run up to Harbour Village in the hopes of seeing Bottlenose in the bay. Not to be I'm afraid but it was all going off at Crincoed point with at least ten porpoise being watched over by some thirty or so gannets. Weather permitting I hope to do the Pen Anglas point area tomorrow morning.  In the afternoon then it was off to Strumble.

As I arrived at the lookout Holly and the Wednesday crew were just packing up after their survey. The tide race was just starting to form and with the stiff  N' Westerly blowing I was looking forward to some big swells for the porpoise to surf. The action was slow to start and when it did there were only eight or so showing over an hour or so. Just when I didn't need it the sky darkened and the light really dropped away as the rain squalls passed through. Ah! well, you can't have it all I suppose.