Friday 4 December 2020

Strumble Diary 04/12/2020

 I wasn't intending to go out to Strumble today but as the overnight rain had cleared and the wind was a bit West of North I gave it a go. As the ebb tide started running a cross swell developed leading to some very high and very sloppy seas making sighting porpoise very difficult indeed. For the first hour or so I'd see a fin here a fin there but almost impossible to get any decent images. As is nearly always the case on these short winter days the light was on the poor side forcing the camera settings much further than I would like.

As the porpoise tire from their darting around in the strong currents and high seas they tend to spend just a little more time on the surface taking an extra breath or two so it's then I have to grab my chance, concentrate and get as many shots as I can. In terms of numbers it was an excellent session for this time of year with between 25-30 sightings over a three hour period and mostly in front of the lookout which in itself is a change as most often the action is shorter and they get pushed to the west with the tide. No Rissos sighted today but we can't have too much of a good thing I suppose. 

 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.