Tuesday 17 May 2022

North Breakwater 16/05/2022

 Well, all I can say about this session is that it exceeded expectations big time. As usual it took a few minutes to set up and get my eye in as I scanned around. It was right at the bottom of a very big tide and wasn't really expecting much. I started my scan looking toward Dinas Hd moving left then toward Pen Anglas. Bang!! there they were,at least eight Bottlenose feeding well out from Pen Anglas so hopes were raised for some closer in action. I didn't have to wait long as three appeared off the lighthouse and it soon became clear these were not the ones we had seen the past few days. They were big adults indeed and they stayed around for thirty minutes or so before moving further out but not leaving. Holly joined me for the latter part of the session and we enjoyed some more close action plus some spectacular breaching as they moved off despite it happening a quarter mile or so out. In the end I would estimate between 15-20 animals accross an area from Pen Anglas to the tip of the breakwater. Happy days!! Enjoy the pics.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.