Monday 5 June 2023

The end of!

So, my last ever trip to the Copper Mine for a shore watch/survey of the Ramsey Sound Porpoises. The last scramble down the slope of loose rocks and crumbly dirt had me making an undignified descent on my (the other name for a donkey)

Many memories over the years. A honey buzzard flying over my head across from the Island giving best ever views, lots of nice Wildlife Observer Course memories with my old mate Powell Strong and our excellent students ! Close-up porpoises, and lots of lovely mushrooms in the Autumn yep I will miss those mushrooms ...
But if the descent was bad enough, the scramble back up (at one point on all fours) was an even worse blow to my deflating dignity. Although to be fair the loss of pride probably saved me from a ride in the Air Ambulance!
Was it worth it YES! Ramsey Sound on a beautiful late spring day has to be one of the biggest treats for all the senses with a bonus of a few porpoises as well.
They were a bit sneaky running through the sound on the fast-ebbing tide, surfacing sporadically, difficult to catch in the viewfinder. Only record shots again with my little Canon sx60 bridge camera but Fran got some shots with the bigger project camera, one of which Holly forwarded to us, the good one below!




Hopefully I will see Ramsey Sound and the Copper Mine again but hopefully next time from the water with less risk to my fragile dignity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.