Monday 22 January 2024

Humpy Diary Monday AM 22/01/2024

 

 A little late in the day but a lot of images to process. A call this morning from Holly ref commons on the break water got my attention. I had been away for the weekend and had missed all the action and was prayiong that Humpy would be still around for my return today. I got to the breakwater and as usual the dolphins had moved out and were nowhere to be seen. I was determined to be there if humpy came back so well prepared with drink and sarnies I settled back for a long stint if needed. 

Another call from Holly to say Humpy had been sighted off Pen Anglas got me back out of my car with eyes scanning in that direction. It's surprising how a beast like that can be so hard to see (especially if it's under water 😁😁) as it appeared to have swam straight past me and I spotted it some 200mtrs past my position. I tracked it accross the bay and lost sight of it for some while. Thankfully Lloyd up in Harbour Village was by this time on the phone and spotting for me. Now looking in the right direction again Lloyd and myself were treated to a fantastic five breaches in quick succession. Delighted! Stunned! Gobsmacked! yes, all of these. Happy to be back and even happier to have seen and captured Humpy in my lens.  Enjoy!!!

All images© Ken Barnett/Sea Trust Wales.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.