Sunday 18 August 2024

Breakwater Open day with the RNLI

 Yesterday was the annual RNLI fundraising open day which is a good time to also raise the profile of Sea Trust as well as providing expert knowledge to those that seek it. So I got out there early in case the dolphins turned up before the crowds and was joined later by Tony and Stevo. I didn't know what to expect in terms of the number of people but was genuinely surprised by the many hundreds that turned up.


From 09.30 until just as the first people arrived at around 14.15 I didn't see a single fin, but as if they knew the event was occuring they arrived bang on queue.Three at first that spent five minutes or so out at the end and then made their way toward Pebbly Beach and the Cow and Calf giving those walking out a chance to see them. I had conversations with very many people regarding the bottles and the broader marine wildlife in general including both locals and visitors. As the afternoon wore on more bottles appeared and by my and Tony's reckoning there were possibly eight all together, with a mix of adult and juveniles.

It was nice to see some old friends and meet some not so old friends and was lovely to see Holly (who still keeps an interest in all things Sea Trust) and her partner Lewis, and importantly for me is my eyes over the breakwater and informs me when the dolphin are around. Thank you Holly.

Lots of shots as you can imagine so here's a selection of them for you to enjoy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.