Sunday 18 August 2024

Strumble Diary 18/08/2024

 First vist to Strumble since my summer break and with a strongish dropping tide  was hopefull of some sightings. Bird watcher Luke informed me of Commons a short way out some thirty minutes before I arrived. (just my luck)  I settled in for my session waiting for the tide race to form and ever hopeful of a Rissos sighting as some had been reported in the area a few days back. As the tide picked up so sightings of the first porpoise started but at distance and too far for pics. They did eventually come within camera range and at one point I had a group of 8-10 feeding out in front of me. This continued for thirty minutes or so before the tide pushed them back west and out of sight in the swells. A mixed week of weather ahead so well have to see what it brings.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.