Saturday 24 August 2024

Playtime at the Breakwater 23/08/2024

 There are very rare occasions when the magic happens and all the elements fall in line, eg, light is good, weather is fine, tide is right, and most importantly of all your subject turns up, and boy did they. Not only did they turn up, they brought the kids with them too.

Now if there's one thing you can rely on the juvenile Bottlenose to provide is plenty of play action, and so it was today as they gave me the best three hours I've had with these stunning animals in many years. So in total there were 8-10 bottlenose with 4-5 juveniles and one very young calf. While the adults were busy depleting the bay of Mullet and Sea Bass the youngsters grouped up and played almost constantly giving me a real treat. Thrashing and leaping about playing leapfrog, rolling over each other, playing with seaweed and just having a right old time. You know when you've had a great time when you've taken well over 500 images, then comes the hours of processing them back on the computer. I whittled it down to just under 100 but I'll post a selection of them here for now. A great day and I'm still smiling the day after as I write this blog entry.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.