Sunday 1 September 2024

Strumble Diary 01/09/2024

 A great start for september this morning. As I arrived at Strumble car park I spotted a large splash just off to the NE about a 100mtrs to the right of the lookout. Problem was I didn't see what made it. Either Rissos or shark I thought to myself. When I got down to the lookout there were two visitors there and after a couple of questions I found out it was Rissos. Four in fact and I'd missed them by mere minutes.

I got the kit out and settled into my chair and started my watch. In the distance I could see porpoise starting to forage in the now forming tide race. Then as I was panning around that fin you know can only be a Rissos came into frame. A few shots rattled off before it submerged and that was my first Rissos of the season in the bag so to speak. I was then joined by Andy Wise and we had a great hour or so with three or four Rissos out in front of us at varying distances. 

The tide race moved closer in but alas the porpoise didn't. Regardless of that though, I came away happy having seen my first Rissos of the Autumn. there may have been eight in all with the four I missed so let's hope they stick around for a while.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.