Saturday 28 September 2024

Strumble Diary 28/09/2024

 A lovely morning with broken cloud and sunshine and a light NWly wind. The dropping tide was two hours in when I arrived at the lookout at 8am, but the sea was choppy with the residual swells after yesterday's hard Northerly blow. Sightings were difficult with strong cloud shadow over the water at times making sightings even more difficult. I was joined by a couple (Stuart and Rachel) from Sumerset who have been here for a week enjoying our marine wildlife. Rachel's keen eye was spotting Commons and guiding me onto them as they sped past. We saw a few smaller pods of several animals and a much larger but further out pod of 30-40 animals moving west on the tide. There were times of frustration though as I had sighted six Rissos dolphin singly throughout the session but didn't get a single image due to their brief surfacing. As the tide dropped away so did the sightings and I ended my session at just around 1pm.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.