Thursday 14 November 2013

Newquay bottles again!

Tanya Allen got in touch to tell us about some bottlenose dolphins she'd seen off Newquay in the summer, and sent us these great pics!

I apologise for the lateness of me sending you these. I don't know where the time goes. I have pondered about sending you these pics as they are not the best, but I thought you would like to see it anyway. I almost can't believe I got it, even if it is blurry because of the distance. I was walking the coastal path between bird rock(N.Quay) and New Quay itself when I spotted a female with her calf. There was some animated behaviour, splashing etc, when she suddenly increased in speed. I was snapping whilst all this was going on. When I checked my photos back she actually has a large fish clamped between her jaws and looks more like a Great White than Bottlenose. I have also sent you a couple of her and calf, for I.D if poss




Mother and calf with foetal folds still visible! Great stuff!