Monday 18 April 2016

Strumble Diary 18/04/16 Strange Session

I arrived at Strumble about 4:10pm with the tide flooding and two and a half hours before high water. The mottley crew (Gulls) were out on the water and several Gannets were circling above the tide race. Everything look set for another good session. But as we know porps will be porps and there's no telling what happens out there. As I set up my gear I spotted three porps in a tight group just off the lookout and after I set up another two came into the race which I managed to capture. I looked forward to taking more shots but that was it. As quickly as they came they were gone and so were the Gannets. It was like someone flicked a switch. I caught another one some ten minutes later but that was a brief encounter too as that was the only sighting of that animal.