Wednesday 14 June 2017

Excitement level 10+++ Strumble Delivers a Rare Pair.

I honestly don't know where to start with this entry as the excitement level is nearly too much to bare. Having done a little research into what I captured today I realise it's a sight I may never see again. What I appear to have captured are not one but possibly two (leucistic) or hypo pigmented Harbour porpoise. It may be that the other although seemingly blotched and partially de-pigmented may rather than being with it may actually be attacking it as it may see it as an imposter. On the other hand it may also be a mother with well grown calf. I also discovered that only seven such animals have been recorded over the past 100 years around the UK coast. Strumble never ceases to amaze me and it's on days like today that all the time and effort spent recording and observing these wonderful creatures becomes worth every second spent in all weathers to gather the evidence needed to protect them.

Late addition


Look closely to see second fin in the spray.